Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is one wacky age group! But mark my word in 2 years there will be YJA and everyone else! All these other teams will be competing at Hofstra for a tee shirt. The best of the best who are serious about playing at the next level will find their way to YJ one way or another.

This is one wacky age group! But mark my word in 2 years there will be YJA and everyone else! All these other teams will be competing at Hofstra for a tee shirt. The best of the best who are serious about playing at the next level will find their way to YJ one way or another.

Unlikely! The funny thing is that people think being on these mediocre YJ teams are going to get them recruited! Ha

Unlikely! The funny thing is that people think being on these mediocre YJ teams are going to get them recruited! Ha

Maybe the 2023 top YJ team is mediocre, but they will benefit from the club name and will get recruited before all other teams, like all the other top YJ teams. Look at the prime classes being recruited right now, 2020 and 2021. They have more than double the recruits of all the other LI clubs combine. Over the years and every year they are the most highly recruited club in the nation, fact. If you've been in the sport for any length of time you know this, always been that way. So even if the 2023 team is only as good as the other clubs in LI, they still are at a huge advantage over the other clubs. I like the idea of chasing rainbows at other clubs, know many people who have followed that path. Has worked out for some, but most have come to recognize it is a much hard path to recruitment. Good luck whatever path you choose.

Coaches recruit on talent. Good luck with your philosophy. It's not a huge advantage when you are losing every game. The team has a been the laughing stock of the YJ organization and getting worse. Hiding on a bad team is not a good thing, and certainly not a path to recuitment!

Except all the other options on LI are no better.