Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing the game because the kids love to play is great. Kids playing because the parents push them and think it is the path to a "better school" than they can otherwise get into is ridiculous. When I suggested To my son to accept a school over his head he asked why should he go to a school where he would have to be a full time athlete and then struggle in school instead of going to a school at his level. A C average at an ivy or getting pushed out because of bad grades doesn't get you far. Good grades in hs get you moremoney than lacrosse will. The days of getting great jobs just because you played lacrosse are over So time for parents to get a reality check. Any sport is great for the kids that enjoy the sport but being a great lacrosse player now only gives you a great opportunity to be a lacrosse coach

Absolutely one of the most misguided posts I' have read here. The lacrosse pipeline to corporate jobs is alive and well and will continue to be for many years. I am speaking from personal experience on this.