Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Massapequa PAL program is a joke. The Varsity boys coach has no input & the guy running it doesn't allow anyone else to give their input. Most of the coaches within the Massapequa PAL program only coach care about their own kids and their friends. If you think Massapequa has a well run youth program you are sadly mistaken.
I would love to know why most of the people who are are the "Board" for the Massapequa youth program are still involved when they truely don't have the best interest of all the boys & girls in mind. You can never get an honest answer from anyone involved with the Massapequa youth lacrosse program, if you ask 2 different "board " members the same question you will hear 2 completely different answers.

I am not from Massapequa, however I do help to run a program and everyone always seem to feel like there is some big conspiracy against them or their kid when most directors would love for others to be involved but like [lacrosse] the gator their hands never quite make it up in time.

So here is big question. Have you volunteered? Have you raised your hand or stepped up to be the person that brings change to the program?

So typical. This is not just a 'Pequa thing. All of these clowns complain about PAL. It's a "good old boys" club or it's "Daddy Ball" or it's "My kid doesn't get a fair shot". Give it a rest. I coach a PAL team and guess what? It's not all good times. Parents don't bring their kids to practice. They blow off games without letting the coaches know. Parents [lacrosse] that their kid doesn't play the position he wants. Parents complain about playing time. I'm rushing home from work 3 days a week and then practicing for a few hours just to wait an extra 30 minutes for people to pick up their kids. I have to buy a bucket of balls to start every season along with extra mouthpieces. I'm constantly fixing/adjusting equipment because parents are not interested in taking the time to do so. I have to collect all of the equipment and water bottles that kids leave around and drop it back to their houses. It's a thankless job, but coaches do it for their kids. If things don't sit right with you, volunteer.

Thank you the same goes for me. I think this expert can solve all the problems he has by either taking his kid to a different program. only play travel or dare I say it he can volunteer his time to coach. No like most he will stay on the sidelines and complain.