Originally Posted by Anonymous
Ultimately, you want max money, make your kid be a dominant FOGO or goalie. My kids team that's where the biggest schollie's went, followed by the big time goal scorers. Definitely don't let your kid be a pole.

Max money for lacrosse??? The best you can bet on is a 1/4 schalrship. Please - no one is getting a significant athletic scholarship anywhere for mens lacrosse!

You have no idea what your talking about. The top kids on my sons college team are receiving 50-75% of cost. My son receives 30,000 in Athletic money.

NCAA restricts lacrosse scholarships to 12.6 per year per team - do the math. No school is committing much more than 1/4 (maybe a 1/2!) on any one player for the most part, and IF there is rare player who gets more, they are likely one of the best FEW in the country. People who talk about knowing players getting more are mixing athletic with academic and both are handled separately and carry with them differing requirements. In most cases, the academic/need based money is not contingent on lacrosse, and in some cases cannot be.