Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by America's Game
Originally Posted by Anonymous
according to LP, Smithtown East has 14 D1 commits, the problem is that 8 are middys and 2 more are mid-F/O so unless they can figure out how to get more then 3 middies on the field at one time it doesn't matter how good the 8 on the bench are. Obviously this is a good problem to have and does lessen the potential disaster of an injury to a key player but when you play top 10 v top 10 I still like WM chances.

Yeah but there isnt a drop off when 2nd and 3rd lines are in. When a team has 1 or 2 good lines and their horses get tired and have to put in 3rd line a team thats deep with talent will dominate especially in the later part of a game.

respectfully disagree, if you have no drop off from your first line to your third line then your first line is probably isn't that good. Colleges don't even play their third lines (ask any dad of a kid on the third line) - depth is good but I will take a team with a better top 10 any day of the week.

CSH never has depth, all they do is win, it is why the are hands down the best public school team on LI this year, not because of their third line but because of their starting 10.

I was speaking about a team that has 14 D1 commits. Of course there is some drop off from 1st to 3rd lines but if you have a team with that many commits there isnt the same drop off that there would be with a team that has only 4 commits.So the team with 4 commits has their studs running most of game the other team has the luxury of running a very good 2nd and even 3rd line. Eventually fatigue sets in for the team thats been running their top guys almost all game. Team with more depth will eventually prevail.

Just like they did in 201 , 2015, and 2016? SE has had tons on D1 commits the last 3 years but no LIC or beyond. Preseason rankings don't indicate much of anything other than the amount of lobbying that gets done during the off-season.