Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not from ward Melville , but how is SE ranked over them, SE has choked the lastc2 years WM has not.because one kid dad on SE?

Good point.

But, SE did not choke in 2015, they got beat by a wide margin. They did not score at all in the entire second half of the game.

Having said that SE likely has the most offensive firepower in Suffolk in 2017, but nobody should discount outstanding defense from the likes of programs such as WM.

It will be interesting.

WM choked, beatdown by Victor. Were like deer in the headlight. Was hard to watch! Which is probably why the are ranking low. Smithtown lost their semi playoff in overtime after being up the whole game. Only losses last season were one goal, and they return most starters but fogo, and they have two studs ready to step in. They will be a complete team. But... we won't know until games are played so easy everyone, preseason rankings don't mean much
as far as I'm concerned.

Ward Melville is by far the most dominant HS program on the Island. Smithtown East is not even close. West Islip had a great run, Garden City, Manhasset, CHS, Syosset, Massapequa, Farmingdale and Lynbrook are all great programs as well but please do not put mention Smithtown East in the same sentence as Ward Melville or the other programs. I know some of you "public school nuts" will be upset but Don't mention Smithtown East in the same sentence as St Anthony's or Chaminade either. I went to a public HS and a public university and my kids attend public school but I cant stand listening to the nonsense about how the privates recruit.