Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have raised a serious topic, but have provided little detail. What is the issue with the coach? Are you saying he just doesn't like your son? That sounds very odd. I have encountered many coaches in my life. None have put personal likes or dislikes in front of a young man's education/future. Even those coaches who were complete ball breakers. There has to be more to this story. Can you elaborate?

This is a serious topic, HS coaches shouldn't play God with a kids future. Don't like a kid? Keep it to yourself. As for trying to sell a college coach on another player? Save that for another call.

Agreed. No idea what the answer is... Your F'ed either way a parent.
Only advice to help limit vindictive Coach, is have your SON ask HS coach, if he would offer college recommendation. If answer is YES, ask HS coach for permission to copy on College email correspondence...and/ or ask HS coach to copy (player) on email recommendations send to College Coach...
AND DO NOT experiment this with your son's first choice...

Not sure why the HS coach should hide the fact that a kid is a sh*t? You keep bringing up the shortcomings of the coach, address the kid's issues, not the adults.

Why do you assume the kid did anything wrong?

Trying to figure why a coach would blacklist a kid. I played sports in both HS and college and never saw this. Players were blacklisted or disliked by coaches because of their attitude. Any HS coach worth his salary would extend that to a college coach. If he doesn't that has a negative impact on the program as that coach becomes a pariah and kids on the team will cease to be recruited. I'll ask again, what school are we talking about here? Maybe another parent can then confirm the coach is a vindictive [lacrosse]hole, otherwise I'm placing my bet on the kid being a nightmare as well as the parents.