Originally Posted by Anonymous
How far will a Varsity coach go to screw over a kid he doesn't like (or perhaps, doesn't like his father)? Would he tell inquiring college coaches that the kid is a bad seed? To look elsewhere? Could that really be possible? Thanks for feedback.

Yes, the blackball exists. When the college coach calls he will let him know that the young man may be a good player, but beware of him due to events other than lacrosse. NCC year required.

I was the poster of the question: "How far will a HS coach go to screw over a player?" My son is committed, I have no axe to grind but I'm curious if what one of the College coaches could be true. He said when he called the HS coach he tried to sell him on other players.... "You don't want that kid, you should look at XXXXX" The college coach had seen them all play numerous times and replied "I've watched XXXXX play and I'm really interested in ZZZZZZ" And the HS coach persisted in trying to sell him on XXXXX. The college coach told us he had never experienced such a recruiting call and thought the HS coach was out of line.

maybe the coach thought your kid was such a good player he would have other options and he was trying to help the other kid ( glass is half full) or more than likely the coach was a huge [lacrosse]HOLE (glass is half empty) and that is more likely the answer. congratulation to your kid and best of luck to him going to play for a coach that appreciates him.

Seriously, is this the same poster answering his own posts? because it sure seems like it.

you never know... there is always the equation that the player the coach wanted... didnt want that school... and the coach knew another player did, and as a good coach tried to steer the college coach in a different direction without coming right out and saying anything.

Glass 3/4 full!