Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't people stick to information they actually know about. Everyone on here clearly doesnt know a thing. Funny, these girls seem to be getting a lot of attention if they weren't good players. Also, one of the players that left was on the A team not the B team. A top goalie in our age group also went over. They left to get better training period. In the end they will be better players for it which is why we are seriously considering making the move next year. The parents on this forum are absolutely ridiculous. Putting a bad taste in my mouth about this club. The bickering back and forth between the A team and B team is absurd. Isn't everyone in the same club. Both teams have great players and both teams have bottom players. Why doesn't everyone go get a life until season actually starts.

Why don't you just say most BBP girls left to go smoochie smoochie their varsity coach, RG? Not like they left because Thorn was so amazing or Wright was horrible. I bet he's planning on pulling them all up to varsity next year and your daughter is missing out!

Or not.

This idea of town based travel team is a good thing for the school team development, but doesn't make for a strong travel club experience. School coaches win, players looking to rise to the top level lose. Recruiting does not happen through school ball. Even the strongest age group at this club (2020)shows weak at tournaments with better competition, and the rest of the age groups are miles behind that. I get the better training aspect, but the elite teams need to cherry pick the top kids from various towns to be elite. Sorry but no amount of training is going to change the ceiling of ten kids of varying potential from the same town, doesn't work that way. Many or even most towns are lucky to even have a kid or two on the top clubs elite team. And I am not saying there are no elite talent capable kids in BBP, but when kids don't surround themselves with others as good or better they will not rise to the occasion. But not everybody is looking for the same goals in travel lacrosse, there is a team and fit for every player, this might be well suited for many, I just would not be happy if this was happening in my town and had to feel the pressure to play for a weak program to please the Coach.