Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey Gc goon. I just went to "look it up". The first measure I checked is spending per pupil by school district in nassau coun ty. The FIRST FOUR schools I looked at ALL spent significantly more per pupil than GC. (Syosset, Jericho, Manhasset and Cold Springs Harbor). That's just for starters...you brought the argument up so I'll be back on Monday with some other metrics refuting your claims. Its no wonder much of Nassau views you guys as blow hards...

No need to get it from Newsday.

Here it is from Dept of Education website link.

https://nationalblueribbonschools.ed.gov/awardwinners/index.php

Syosset HS won the Blue Ribbon Award in 2016... Look it up on Newsday. I didn't see GC mentioned.

Did u say Newsday ? I wouldn't listen to anything that "paper" says

When you cite something, you should understand what it means. "Eligible schools must have been in existence for five years and cannot have received the award within the five prior years." If we use the Blue Ribbon Award as the standard, both districts (Garden City and Syosset) have done well having various of their schools (elementary, middle, and senior) being awarded a blue ribbon (5 years of 34 years for GC and 7 of 34 years for Syosset; remember a school can only be nominated once every five years); GC High has won the award 3 times and Syosset High 2 times.

Thanks for helping me make the case for Syosset academics. Let's also remember that Syo beat GC in Lacrosse the past 2 years.