------------******************************************---------------

- "Way to respond to your own post.
If you were trying to show a lax point about it not being all about scoring goals, why state "a top 5 academic school." Last I checked that didn't have much to do with lacrosse. And of course you need to tell us when she committed, just to make sure we don't assume she is a back of the roster kid for heavens sake ... Not to mention that other top 20 AND top academic schools were drooling over her ... Such mixed feelings of course but after all it's her DREAM school ... Translated ... It's mommy and daddy's dream to tell everyone my girl is going to Stanford.
Not bitter at all. I find it funny that you don't think any other kid can measure up to your Super Suzy is sooo smart, and soooo talented and sooo unselfish. What a peach. Why would you "highly doubt that my daughter will be going to Stanford?" She has an offer from there Ms High and Mighty. She so far has concluded that the girls committed there aren't exactly her cup of tea. I would have to say quite the same about the parents. You being Example "A". ---

------************************************************************---------

Sorry, not the original poster. Responding to your post not my own.

You are so bitter that you can not even see it. Your negative resentful attitude shows through in all that you write. Love the way that you paint with such a broad brush regarding the girls committed to Stanford and their parents. I didn't realize they are all one and the same. Bravo to you if your daughter has the same myopic self limiting views as you. You have done a wonderful job as a parent. What went wrong in your life?

No, my daughter is not committed to Stanford nor was she recruited or offered a spot and or scholarship there.

Congratulations to your daughter, she must be a great student and one [lacrosse] of a lacrosse player if Stanford is offering. Shame on you if your bitterness prohibits you from offering sound counsel. Yes, I know Stanford is not the only game in town and I realize that it is not a good fit for everyone. However, I would hate to see someone not give careful consideration due to limiting thoughts or preconceived notions.

Some say the sport/sideline has become toxic. I would say that many toxic parents have found a nesting place. Avoid them as if they had the plague.

I truly feel for the children of such bitter resentful parents. Life can be challenging enough without the dead weight of negative influences.