Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UNC is a state school. In state tuition is $8,500

[quote=Anonymous]Would you rather play lacrosse at UNC and get a degree in basket weaving because you were unqualified or unable to take a monster major or go to some weaker cheaper state school and get an engineering degree if that's what you want to do?

Different answers for different families. Its not always black and white

I imagine most are out-of-state for UNC as their current roster only has about three kids from NC...out-of-state tuition is roughly $33,500. Not sure if the 12.6 scholarships is based on in-state or out-of-state rates, but I'm assuming in-state.

We took part in a play-in day/tour at UNC two weeks ago and loved the facilities, staff and overall atmosphere, but for the lucky (very) few who will ever get to contemplate going there, it isn't cheap. If my kid is fortunate enough to be able to play at the college level, we're not expecting any real money for lax.

The percentages people have mentioned in the past few posts look impressive and they're doing well to get that. A friend who has a kid playing at Denver isn't getting that kind of money.

25K per year at UNC guaranteed. Top 4 in class player