Originally Posted by Anonymous
It's travel lacrosse little Jimmy isn't guaranteed his normal shift like PAL lacrosse

Actually if we are requires to go through all these tryouts and they take "the best" I would think then equal playtime should be easier to manage than PAL. We all love when we have to play little jonny who can't catch bit really is he getting the same playing time even in PAL.

For the talent they say they retain and for the price, it's all the more reason the kids should have more equality in playing time.

Good point on the number if games in a given day but that is another issue with club lacrosse. Is it really travel? It's 5 tournements over 5 weekends playing the same teams for the most part and a single location. It's money making in the tourney side making kids play shortened games that more endurance than skill sometimes and it forces clubs to take more kids than coaches really want. Name me a team coach that wants to manage 9 middies and 24 kids in a 45 min running time game.

So more games in on day equals more money a tournement can charge which justifies clubs to carry more players then they really need which makes more margin to use to show a lower cost. However the product your purchasing as a parent is diminished because playing time is naturally reduced.

I think this is the argument and there is no good answer because there are no other alternatives. What we need is actual travel league play where these clubs play in actual games from June to July 2 or 3 times a week. That is true travel. Tournements were always the icing or fun part of playing - it has turned into the main event....