Originally Posted by LAXadaysickal
2018 / 7th Grade tryout -- 70+ boys. Maybe more. Very well run, although three scrimmages going on side-by-side across the field hurt the attack (they couldn't play behind the net) and made it easier on the defense.

Despite the short field, this tryout was the best 2 hours of lacrosse I've seen. 6 stations of 1-on-1, 2-on-1, 3-on-2, etc., plus 45 minutes or so of short field games (all boys rotated at least twice). I didn't notice many big club helmets, but there were plenty of town team helmets present. The boys gave it their all, and from what I saw there was enough talent for two A level squads.

I agree it was a nice tryout for a mid level / infant stage organization. However I have never seen a tryout where a 4 on 3 fast break was not utilized. Maybe because the lack of field space was an issue , but boys from 5th grade and up can really show their skills and lax I.Q. in such a fast paced drill.

I don't know if TB had a 6th grade team last year (this year's 7th), but I did not notice any TB helmets in this age group. And old pinnies vs. new ... didn't seem to matter. I didn't see any number lower than 92 and the highest was around 290.

Regardless of the outcome for my son, this was a good tryout, and he showed well against strong competition. Time and money well spent, even if he plays somewhere else next summer.