Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are the upstate High Schools ranked higher than us in Class A if all of our travel teams are A, compared to upstate where typically their travel teams don't preform as well as Long Island's?

They play lax year round upstate and have superior indoor box, clinics, etc. non money grab teams, etc. top kids come out better prepared by high school.

I wonder if it isn't that Long Island Parents turn their kids off of lax by being so overbearing by HS.

Actually now that I think about it... what makes sense is that the travel teams have way more talent to grab from and pool it together to make monster travel teams. However, typically you have to play HS in the district you are in which dilutes the "elite lacrosse club team".

Victor has a travel team which is also their HS team. If LI just grew the house teams to have them incorporate travel then we can compete on the Upstate NY level, is probably more accurate... but still Long Island parents are worse than getting a paper-cut in your eyeball, and I am one of them