Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The key to the club is Sankey himself. Parents will pay and invest if he coaches there kid but he isn't and that will catch up to them. They are competing with the other for profit/full time clubs like NXT, Mesa, Dukes and then dad type of programs like Freedom, Roughriders, Brotherly Love, Bucks, Rising Sons, Elevated and the list goes on.

I give it a few years and it will fizzle. There just isn't enough elite talent in Philly to support this many youth clubs and cool helmets alone with an illustrious college career isn't a sustainable model.

He was there yesterday. But you are correct there are way too many programs in the Philly area.

He has been at both tournaments we have played and all but one of the 6 skill sessions (he was honored by NC one weekend). He runs optional (for fee) Saturday offensive clinics as well and has been super communicative along with his brothers and father. Practices are run very efficiently and plenty of other coaches on hand with Pro, College and Youth experience. I have been pleasantly surprised. Some of this will undoubtedly change in the spring as he will be coaching Penn Charter.

No idea how good the team will be when all is said and done (as you indicated the dilutive effect of having so many clubs), but no doubt my son's lacrosse IQ and skill level will improve....and the sick helmet....