Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So True Blue wants lasts years players to bring their practice pinnies to wear at tryouts! Really why don't you just skip tryouts all together they seem like they are going to be really fair.

Wow. I am from another "big" club, but must still point out the strange bitterness evident by this person. Do you even think that a new pinnie # can possibly veil the identity of a "stand out" player? Players retain their spots in all clubs. We ? they do not deny. Part of the magic in this sport happens as kids become instantly familiar with their teammates tactics on field. "Flow" is created.
All clubs retain a core group, and tweak it yearly. They ALL lose a few, and yes, DROP a few as necessary. It DOES hurt the feelings of a player, but it seems that it may hurt the PARENTS more. We may also consider the concern of the "TOP" kid here. If he/ she has made it to the top tier of a club, it may be the responsibility of the club to craft the roster as efficiently as possible, for a successful end result.
Most would not argue that SOME positions have been filled undeservedly, but we need to consider all sides of the situation. It is an evolutionary process. Sorry.

Not bitter at all. I don't think a new pinnie could mask real talent...all the more reason to give all kids a new pinnie. If your top guy is really tops he will have no problem making it if he is number 20 or number 641. I thought about bringing my son to TB tryouts that is how I got the email I decided to go another direction even before tryouts took place. I think when you are charging parents to come bring their kids for you to look at them when you are only looking to pick 5 kids out of 100 at least try to give the illusion that the process is fair...we all know it isn't and that politics, favorites, favors and loyalty will win in the end....but we like still like those brief moments where we think tryouts are just based on TALENT and anonymous numbers.