Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dukes Nationals is a total money grab. The depth chart model only worked for the Dukes Club when they were the main HS club in the Philly area. With Mesa, Freedom, and HHH starting up kids went to these teams to get seen at recruiting events. Why would a 6th, 7th, or 8th grade kid who already plays for an elite club in Baltimore, PHilly, or L.I. Go play for Dukes Nationals as well? You are already going to get seen at the top recruiting tournaments. And don't give me the elite coaching, that is a Dukes National ls line for the parents wanting to brag about their son playing on a national team to bite on. If you are an elite player playing on an elite club, I think you will turn out just fine without falling for the Dukes Nationals money grab. The elite clubs haven't had a problem coaching up their kids so far as I can tell.

Total agreement.....but parents feel they must do it to keep up with the others.

How's this "National" team do versus local teams?
Are they playing in "National" tourneys?
I'd expect them to only play on LI or Baltimore where there's their level of competition...