Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where can I read about the Chaminade and St A's coach telling kids/parents to hold back their kids? Looking all over the net and can't find it. Little help please. Thanks

You can read it right here - the St Ant JV coach & Express owner spoke with me and told me the loopholes to hold my son back.

Whether it be repeating at private if staying private, or using Friends Academy for one year, complain about education level, then go back public. He continued to tell me to bring my son to the practice of a younger grad year to see how much he'd dominate.

I told him my son was an A++ student and there is no need. He said it didn't matter.

" . . . repeating at private if staying private, or using Friends Academy for one year . . ." Friends is also a private - ?????

It was meant to show two options that were presented by the coach/owner (the 2nd is what he and another family 'figured out'):

1. If you are already private and staying private...just repeat, not a big deal.

2. Or if the family is currently public and wish to stay in public for HS...use Friends academy for one year in a middle school grade...go back to public school district and complain the education at Friends was not good and demand you want your child to re-renter in the same grad year that was just completed. Bad curriculum because of inexperienced low-paid teachers, for example...create believable reasons. Happens all the time.

Or just home school your kid. If you really want to be a holdback so bad, just play down, see how it goes, no rule against that either. Then if you get recuited for a certain grad class, take a year off before college. Too bad none of this will make your kid a better player. All of this is incredibly silly!