Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The process will NOT take care of itself. I was told by multiple D 1 coaches "If your son wants to play at my school then he needs to show interest, there are a ton of kids out there who want to, and can play lacrosse at the next level, I need to know you to find you."

Couldn't agree more. Process needs to be worked. Advise to the contrary is misleading at best. Every Coach and every assistant Coach on your list of schools that you want to play for needs to know who you are! Plain and simple. Most of the recruiting is done by the assistants! Thinking you're going to a tournament to be "discovered" is not a solid recruiting plan. As good as you think your son is, there are 20 other kids out there who are bigger, stronger, faster, and more talented than yours' with better grades. These Coaches have far more choices in today's recruiting environment than ever before. It is truly a buyers market for them! Look at the rosters of your son's wish list schools, kids from all over the country...

read the op again before you comment further.