Originally Posted by Anonymous

Of course they are. No other way they could get recruited other than repeating 9th grade in private. Only way to compete against LI public kids is to play down a year or two. These kids all get their asses handed to them when they play on age. Parents then realize, holy crap "my kid is not so good". So at 14 they play against 12 year olds to get noticed... At the moment it's working. However, many of these kids are not competing well, or panning out at the next level. You'll see.

I don't buy that argument. My son has played against kids from all over the country and the vast majority are on age. I keep hearing this argument but not seeing it in person at multiple tournaments. And before it is asked, the question is usually answered by the parents in casual conversation, i.e. little Johnny has a birthday coming up and he's going to be XX years old. An I am from LI [/quote]

If "you don't buy the argument " , you probably have a 19 year old high school sophomore. Because everyone who is not cheating , sees it on every team , in every tournament they play in.

If " [/quote]

So I don't agree with you so I have a 19 year old sophomore?? No he's 15, will be 16. So who is everyone? Or is it one disgruntled moron who keeps posting this nonsense. Sorry if junior is 5'2" and 113 pounds, but don't make your problem everyone else's.