Originally Posted by Anonymous
Having coached at the college level for the past decade plus, I'm not saying club ball isn't important in the development of a player, but it's really not an accurate portrait of the player. And I'm not risking my job on some club coach's opinion that I don't know. No self-respecting coach reads a thing ty zanders writes other than to laugh at it. And any coach that blindly calls a club coach and recruits down a list is not long for the coaching biz. They will probably be running a club or tournament soon. I agree, give me an athlete, give me someone that understands field spacing and movement and give me a nice kid from a good family. You can have the rest. I'd also prefer to see how a kid plays for his h.s team. Give me 2 full h/s game tapes- one with your "best performance" and one against your toughest competition. Even better if that's the same tape.
I'll go back to lurking.

Not my world but was listening to Lars Tiffany pod cast before last season. He was talking on many subjects , some was about recruiting. Seemed to be a pretty frank discussion on how he did some of his recruiting.He said he was in contact with Club coaches and he trusted some of their opinions and he didnt trust others. Sounded like he was in contact with many club coaches. I know that wasnt only way he recruited but it did seem like it was a part of his recruiting process.