Originally Posted by Anonymous
How have the turnouts been for this age group ? How about True Blue, Express, 91,TLI ,etc ? My kid will just play 3 tournaments with his HS school summer team and do a showcase camp and some prospect days. I think at this point looking at D2-D3 schools the prospect days are a better option than another club team. Any thoughts ?

If your son is interested in D3 schools, this is the way to go. My son really enjoyed his last two summers playing lacrosse on a team to have fun. The prospect days were the most beneficial, but make sure he contacts the coach to let him know his interest. A lot of D3 coaches wanted to know the GPA and Test scores right up front. The money was much better spent on prospect days and showcases than another year of club tuition, especially this year with substantially higher club fees. You should know that many D3 schools might wait to see his full Junior year grades before offering him a spot on the team. They just want to make sure he has the grades to get accepted AND get some merit money so he will be admitted and financially able to attend. Good luck to your son.