Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.

please stop. I just threw up in my mouth. BS is BS at every level except the track team. don't let the average coaches take credit for the lone prodigy in the last 20 years that sharpened his skills on the club lax circuit. good for him for getting out of that S hole.

I wouldn't call it a shole but can see how many explore their options. I do agree that the HS doesn't have a history of developing sports talent, outside of maybe volleyball and cheerleading. But I dont think anyone was saying the coaches were taking responsibility, could be wrong, but they do manage what they have. In this day and age it is rare that a HS or PAL coach could take responsibility.

If the town had any leadership, like Massapequa Smithtown or 3 Village, the sports as a whole would be a lot better. Talent is there and has been. Just no cohesion to help the HS get better in the sports. The "not my problem" and "it's good enough" atmosphere shows by the assortment of athletes roaming the halls and not the playing fields.

Rumor has it legendary JC Mr Ward Melville wanted to start his Lacrosse Legacy at Bay Shore but they turned down one of the best down. Imagine that.

Looking into the future, my bet is basketball and Baseball will prosper in the near future. No disrespect there. I also suspect the future of the sport administration will change rather quickly through both natural attrituon and replacement. Can't happen soon enough.

Some say you cant argue the academics, ill bite. what facts, show where they rank as a public school. Not Newsday latest ranking where 60 NY schools ranked top 500 in the country 19 of the 60 on LI closest school sayville. Lots of other lax districts on that list. Okay maybe that is to high of a bar to set, but as a rebutal, please don't give me the survey which is taken from the 39 parents who give it a glowing recommendation. Give qualified rankings with legitimate objective ranking. They do have one heck of a drama department though.

This being a sports site concentrated on lacrosse, I also wonder if the 2018 teams will be playing on those once fanciful fields. Another rumor is they will be condemned and mark as unsuitable to play on. What's the plan? If lacrosse is still big part of your HS life away games or games at the MS are not what you want.

Ps. Nice move not allowing the team to utilize the fields this winter or summer. That's one way to make the lax community know where they rank. Just confusing when West Ilsip and Islip can use theirs.

"And when my prayers to God were, meet with indifference, I picked up a pen and wrote my own deliverance"