Originally Posted by Anonymous
cut the [****] about WSYL being age appropriate this past year. Age appropriate for what. Look how they went back to 9/1 for next year. Just fess up freakin pathetic! and mine are in college and later stages of High School now. ??? is that an answer to 3 different posts or one wine spritzer too many?

Not a wine spritzer to many... A response to any comments saying WSYL is age appropriate for anything. They took a recognized date of 9/1 then moved it twice to an arbitrary date.

When you create or introduce a new cluster/environment/boundary you cannot make a general statement it is (age) appropriate. appropriate ( in this case age) is a term meant for established boundaries. You can't just define a boundary and say they are appropriate. You can work off a boundary as a beta test, but to recognize it as rule witout proper vetting, doesn't mean it is right

Especially when WSYL just reset it to 9/1 !!!

Yeah for now

Reason #31 why the current lacrosse environment is atrocious. Why the heck can't everyone agree to use a DOB system like all of the other sports? If you're against it your are just trying to profit and exploit minors. Bottomline. In any other walk of life these actions would be demonized and possibly prosecuted. In lacrosse, we all acquiesce to the college coaches and clubs that feed into the broken system. Shameful.
Early recruiting-grade based system-holdbacks-deterioration of 'team' play on summer travel are all interconnected and while I share your frustration (prosecution is a little extreme) your point about profit is what drives the current state of travel lacrosse. As long as there are parents willing to pay for that possibility of a golden commitment ticket, why change? (Although a recent quote by Tillman, from UMD .that if 6 of 12 of their early recruits work out, then that's a success? I'm sure there will be some on here who will say for the other 6 at least Maryland is a good education, which it is, but something is wrong in that early recruitment thinking) My biggest problem with all this, and I've heard this from a few, is that the actual lacrosse played is becoming dreadful to watch. (summer teams)