Watched a lot of the local teams at Hofstra this weekend. Both Li Wave and Express look like well run organizations. Girls looked like they were all close and friends. Teams played fundamental lacrosse and did well. [/quote]

Parent of a Wave player. You're right...they are well run and the girls are close and friendly. Not just my daughter's team. Wave is really does feel like a family.
Are they going to beat the premier travel clubs, probably not, but the girls are enjoying their time on the field and I see improvement each season that passes.[/quote]

Isn't Wave the team that doesn't add players after 7th grade unless they have someone leave? I don't think they have annual tryouts... so you are generally locked out. It's sort of nice- just not if you wanted to get on the team and you are too old.

[/quote]

Yes, their policy is if you are good enough to make the team then you are good enough to stay on the team (as long as you are an active participant - attend practices/tourneys, are not repeatedly late, etc).
Just because that is the policy, it doesn't mean you are shut out. It just means there are limited spots open each year. While a formal tryout isn't given, if you inquire the director will most likely invite someone down to a team fall practice.

My daughter attended a fall practice for the 2019s a year after the team was already together.....she's loved every minute since