Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by strongARM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is a good Nassau based club for 4th grader

cheap and as local as possible at that age IMO. A bunch of people on here will extoll the virtues of which ever team on which they are vicariously playing, but for a 4th grader it's a bunch of bunk.

Could not disagree more. Go to a program that will teach them properly but most important go to a program where it will be fun for them. Some of these local cheap programs are run by crazy parents with dreams of creating some super team.

UUUUUUHHHHHMMMMM, CRAZY PARENTS are latched to local teams? You have to be out of your mind. Do you read the main forums? What part of the big time teams seam like fun as a parent or as a kid? The crazy parents and super teams are 90 percent of the fodder on these boards and you can find 50 threads that go on and on about the disgusting parents involved as well.

By local and cheap I don't mean teams that don't have real organization around them, I just mean don't be scared of all of the 'B' teams that are so sneared at. And by local I mean stay close by so perhaps your kids will make local friends on these teams and you'll have easier carpooling capabilities.