Originally Posted by Anonymous
Drop down...the politically correct way of saying held back

Do all of you guys read the other topics/grade forums on this site. Why are there people still shocked at the amount of reclassed kids on these DMV teams. The Private school system is 100% in line with boys repeating a grade. They get more money and the kids in theory get a better GPA. Both of these facts yelp them look good and have a successful business.

The last few years have been a eye opener for many people in Maryland outside the private school world. Most people were clueless about the whole prefirst grade and the reclass year in MIAA schools. Now that it is out in the public lacrosse arena. Many parents whose children are born between March and Aug watch their children play against the right age kids along with these prefirst/reclass kids a year older and more , ... ..the reaction is just what you would expect.

Yes I agree I have a son who is not the youngest for his grade but he is on the young side and on age for his grade. So when I see him play well it is hard not to wonder how much better he would of played if he was playing with kids on age. Or even worse when he has a bad game it gets under your skin knowing he was on the field with a kid 18 months older then him. And you can read any Medical book or ask a doctor or use your eyes to see boys from 13 to 16 years old grow so fast and its a huge advantage to be 18 months older then more then half the kids on the field.