Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry to go off topic from typical holdback, team bashing discussions, etc., but does anyone have a recommendation for 1:1 middie coach in the Balto County area? Thanks.

Well it depends on if you have a club bias or not first?
Then it goes to how much you want to pay/can pay?

Overall I think any one on one is better then 99% of the clinics any where out there.

Definitely agree about 1:1 is better than a clinic. I don't understand your question about club bias. He's currently on a competitive team, but I haven't been thrilled with the coaching. I'm just looking for setting up some 1:1 before try-outs. I'm not worried about the cost as long as I'm getting good value for the money. He's very coachable and knows he has things to work on. Thanks for any thoughts/recommendations you might have.

The club bias would be if I where to say the Crabs coaches do one one sometimes. People would trash the idea because of the club not the coach you pick. I know Blackwolf and Madlax have links to hook up with a coach for one on ones. I am guessing most team sites have this option. I would just go with a one one trainer from one of the clubs I plan on trying out for. This would give your son a big advantage.

Ah, gotcha. Makes perfect sense. Thanks. Have a good one.

You may wish to try out for a different team if you are unhappy with the coaching. Going into high school is a critical time for the boys. Have you discussed the coaching issue with your club so they can consider changes?