Originally Posted by Anonymous
The ONLY tweak I could see to Skak would be that their D needs to be bigger. They are consistently outmatched size wise and it's beginning to become an issue. They have several smaller girls on D, one is an absolute bulldog that makes up for her lack of size with insane tenacity. She is a fantastic player. But perhaps it's time to look for some taller, bigger D players on B or C that can move up? Or on one of the outside clubs (Express)? They seem to be having a hard time matching up against the bigger MD clubs. Just a thought. They are still a fantastic team, second best behind M&D. Nothing major needs to be done at all, they're all great players.

I think you are 100% spot on and Skak should swap out All the D (except your daughter the bulldog) with girls on the B and C team and this team will be rolling along and mowing down the MD teams once again.

No, but nice try with the sarcasm. My daughter is an attack on Bert's team so I could care less that you're getting manhandled on D by the bigger MD teams. If you can't see that as an "A" team parent then you're not watching close enough. I watched both games at LFTC (M&D and SW) and that stood out. There is a size mismatch in your zone, your D are all fantastic defenders but sometimes you can't do anything when a bigger girls wants the ball. There's a reason that the saying "you can't teach size" fits no matter what sport you're playing.

I can't believe this teams problem was right in front of their face the whole time and it took an astute parent on the B team to figure it out! You need to contact coach Skakandi right away and be sure to tell her what you see and how to fix it. It would also be good to tell her what number your daughter is if she's on the bigger side? Trust me she needs to hear this as soon as possible.