Originally Posted by Anonymous
Makes you wonder if it's worth it to play for a club like M&D. Sure it's nice to have that affiliation with what's considered to be the top team in the country, but it certainly can't be much fun for the girls who spend the majority of the game watching. Whether they realize it or not, it establishes a pecking order among the girls. It has to be frustrating for them to know that they could be playing a ton of minutes elsewhere but instead they're stuck on the sideline.

I agree 100% with the comment about "pecking order among the girls". When a team typically does not play all the girls on a team, with the emphasis on winning every game (like it matters), a pecking order does get established. I've been on many sidelines through the years, and as soon as a usual starter does not start or a player that typically plays almost 100% of a game comes out, the girls start talking. And, even worse, the parents start talking..."Why is Susie Superstar coming out/didn't start? I wonder what she did?" It's a cancerous path to go down, unless the team's emphasis is on winning. What that tells me is that the team admin is only using the "lesser talented" players as a way to pad their pockets with extra $$$.