Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lax Fac 2021 got 4 kids from 2020. Those 4 are 7th graders and were playing up to a very marginal 2020 team that needed help even tho they are actually 2021's. 2 of the 4 are twins and look like 2021's (i.e. They are small) but have good skills. I see nothing wrong with that.

This is not quite true... those four kids are 8th graders (though they're on the young side and meet the WSYL age cutoff).

Those four kids did NOT play with 2021 at MD Invitational... they were playing with 2020 at Crab Feast. And there were no other new players or other ringers. Same team that played together in the HoCo 2021AA regular season, same team that won 2021AA HoCo tournament. And, yes, same team that lost in the Beach Lax A semis. Whether people want to believe it or not, that's the truth. 100%. Anything you hear to the contrary is probably the grumbling of bitter parents or coaches.

For those of you that think LF was cheating because they apparently made a "sudden transformation" and didn't do well at Beach Lax, let me remind you... these are kids. Sometimes they can really pull it together, and sometimes they completely lose it. It has been a steady trajectory up through the spring, with a few hitches now and then. This past weekend they really pulled it together.

They lost in the Beach Lax semis because they didn't play very well that game. No excuse. Particularly in one area of the game the other team was able to exploit a matchup weakness. Plain and simple. Happens from time to time.

Quite honestly I think some of what happened this weekend is Hawks and Bitmore underestimated them. Not saying they'd win every time against teams of that caliber, but they're more competitive than given credit for.

My kid's team (which I think has actually played LF in a close game a few years ago) once got blown out - I mean just wiped out - at an 8am Saturday morning game. The kids pulled it together, advanced to the championship for a rematch and actually got a lead in the championship. Parents of teams they had beaten to advance and parents of the (host program's) team in the championship just went haywire accusing my kid's team of cheating by bringing in older players after the 8am game to a point -and this is absolutely true - that the tournament director came over and during gameplay accused the team of cheating and adding older kids. You could see him red-faced across the field yelling 10 feet from the kids. The host team scored 4 goals during this tirade before he walked away.

Anyway, these are kids and parents need to realize that sometimes one team will have a bad game and another team will have a great game, without thinking the referees are out to get their team or the other team is cheating. Come one, this is kids sports.* (*This is literally what the parent statskeeper said to that tournament director during his tirade, for which he was kicked off the sideline by him. Lacrosse - you can't make this stuff up!)