Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not that I know of. But should it be? The clubs make no secret of the fact that they are there to win. I will say that while there are games where some girl may not play on my daughter's team. But throughout a weekend like last, the playing time is pretty even. The girls that don't play in playoff games will play more in some of the pool games. So much more development is done in the 4-6 hours a practice a week than can ever be accomplished in games.

Well wanting to win is great. But why don't they try to win by playing all their kids? You can be there to win, and still play all your players in a playoff game. My rule is, if you take a kid on a team, they play. Somewhere along the line, the adults lost sight of what this is about. If a kid is dogging it, not showing up to practices etc., that's a different story. But if the effort is there, and you put them on a team, they should be given the opportunity to play in meaningful situations. And yes, of course skill development is accomplished in practice, but there is no substitute for feeling the pressure and the adrenaline of highly competitive and "important" games. [/quote]

The coaches answer to the club directors. Do you think a coach is going to go to their director and say we lost because I had to get all the girls in? Girls are put on the team based on a few hour long tryout. Some girls develop more throughout a season and earn the minutes they get in those games. As long as the coach is up front about how the playing time will be handled, there shouldn't be a problem. Our coach is very open at the beginning that there may be games girls don't play. That whoever plays best throughout the tournament will be the ones playing in the 20 minute playoff games. It's hard to sub in those short games. Especially if you get down early.