Originally Posted by Anonymous
CORRECT IN MARYLAND WE HAVE OPEN TRYOUTS. NEW GIRLS JOIN EVERY YEAR DISPLACING OTHERS THRU THE PROCESS. THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THAT. THE BETTER MOVE ON AND REPLACE THE INFERIOR. PEOPLE ROSTER JUMP ALL THE TIME IN mARYLAND JUST ONCE A YEAR NOT DURING THE SAME MONTH. THE PROBLEM IS PLAYING ONE TEAM ONE WEEK AND THEN OUT OF THE CLEAR YJ BLUE AND A SHALACKING NEW GIRLS ARRIVE NOT JUST DURING THE SEASON THE SAME MONTH, AND YOU EXPECT NOBODY TO NOTICE THE NEW GIRLS. COMICAL!!

You fail to mention that in Maryland the LI 2022 girls (6th graders) are playing against MD girls in 7th and occasionally an 8th grader. Holdbacks, a common occurrence in MD. So stop your bellyaching.

You fail to realize that this is an excuse sold to LI parents. Holdbacks just are not common with the girls. Very, very few girls attend prefirst and girls don't repeat grades in middle school like the boys do. The girls schools just don't allow it.

Correct my fellow MD'er. Our LI brethren can't stand to lose, especially to a (God forbid) Maryland team, so when they do lose (which is often) they pull out these "holdback" excuses. It softens the blow to them and makes them feel better, because there is no way they could ever lose a game unless the other team cheated. I also can say with full confidence, that since 2009, when my daughter started play club ball, I have witnessed and heard of exactly 0 girls being held back here in MD. We don't have to do that here.