[u]
Originally Posted by Anonymous
wahhhhhhh!!!!

Hey, LI Dad was just trying to make excuses for why YJ lost when they had to drive 3 hours to Md....cant have it both ways.

first.. it takes three hours to get out of NY.. then another 2 to get to Md. from L.I.

for YJ.. the Spring Championship Tourn was their first "live" games in 10 months..they're getting better
please L.I. dad don't become "that Guy". It does not take 3 hours to get out of N.Y. from the Island unless you're not smart enough to leave early, and then that is on you. You can't use the excuse that a tourney was there first in 10 months, every one knows that all clubs play year round, the only difference is that in Md. they are better prepared because there doesn't seem to be the petty fighting between clubs and they are smart enough to run a in state club league in the winter. You win or lose because of the strength of your team. If your daughter can't drive for hours,sleep in hotels, or be prepared to play at any time then she will not be able to play in college. stop with excuses it makes you seem juvenal. If you parents in the club seen don't want your kids to fall way behind ( but you have all ready) the Md. clubs then you better get on your club directors, ALL OF THEM, to start an inter cub league in the winter.

I'm glad you got my exaggeration, your right it doesn't always take 3 hours to get out of NY .. but it can..
It was that teams first game action since last July.. you can choose not to believe it if you want.. they did not play any fall tourn. as a team.. they all played rec league in the spring but for their respective town teams..
I agree with you about a local travel league.. it sounds like a great idea, and it definitely gives the Md. clubs/teams/players a nice advantage.. count me as jealous
as far as the distance traveled and the car rides & Hotels having an effect on the players.. it's Travel Lacrosse.. so the players need to play.. but that doesn't make it easier and it would be nice to be able to sleep in our own beds during these tournaments.
Oh.. and I'm leaving tomorrow at 11:00 am and will be sleeping in a hotel in Md. tomorrow night to play in Md. Saturday & Sunday..