Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have any experience with this Brine national tryouts or team ?

Brilliant money maker for the organizers. They accept way more players at first open tryout to come play in qualifiers, to the go to a camp to then play on a team. Complete waste of money as the players at the end of it all from all the different regions are not very high caliber. It is a ton of time and money to be on an unimpressive list in the end. Go to a college camp of interest instead, money much better spent.

Me first parents love saying their kid was on team so they could charge whatever they want and still sell out

Isn't it new to this age?

Stick to camps not this. The idea is to move forward getting better. This promotes just games as there isn't supposed to be practices before hand. That is counter to everything at this age practice is more important.

I saw the value for rising freshman, but nothing below, having a rising 7th or 8th grader on a team looks silly. Then I believe they just created the age bracket for that age... Be wary....and wise. I'd say skip it for 22/23. They added that group just to see a% increase over last years model.

As a business smart move but for the sport and players I don't see the benefit!