Originally Posted by Anonymous
I dont understand why they dont want to post the costs for the tryouts or the cost of the summer program. It would be nice to know upfront. Maybe they they should state just bring your checkbook Lets face it , your buying a product. Its cost "x" amount of dollars and you get "Y" product and people can decide if they want to buy. I see a trend here. It seems nonone want to disclose there fees. Could if be possible they are afraid of price competition. No picking on the Jester but I see other clubs doing this as well.

Come on now - Colleges have been exploiting their players for years to make millions, why not get the kids use to it at 9 years old! Days are gone when it was about the kids and their development. Its kinda of sicking seeing al these teams directors (not just Jesters, all of them)walking tournements trying to sell their program and look to recruite parents. If a coach really wants your kid, its not always because they want your money (which is a given they will get it) its about them wanting to win more games to promote the club to get more players (i.e. revenue) Maybe if they really wanted your kid - maybe we charge them. I love the "we are only taking the top 46 per grade. Well, lets see - that has to be 2 teams per grade @ 23 kids per team (wow - can you say limited playing time). Assuming they fill all these teams plus tryout revenue you son or daughter can play for a $500k+ revenue enterprise