Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looney's folder their 2017 and 2018 teams. Matter of time before the entire club shuts down.

On the topic of teams folding. Do we think we have hit the breaking point in terms of total number of clubs in the DMV/Balt. area? Or do we think we need more? Or just better run clubs with the same total number of clubs? I think the NoVa area is at a point of to many clubs. But I think Maryland has more kids playing at a high level for sure.

I wish MYLA would come back in Baltimore. My fondest memories are of my kids playing rec lacrosse on their MYLA teams. The season started in February and ended with Laxsplash and then it was off to the pool for the summer. Now 8 year olds and their parents feel like they have to be on club teams. The coaching is marginally better than rec coaching and the cost is 15 to 20x. The poor kids are in tournaments through mid July and miss out on being kids.
I wish MYLA ran through 6th grade, club covered middle school and then the HS coaches took over once you made your HS team.
We need less club lacrosse, not more.

Agree, no need to pay north of $2000/yr in some cases and play year round in elementary school. I'm sure the game is losing a ton of players. We have become more exclusive than ever

Rec through 6th grade, club 7th, 8th, 9th and then I wish the HS teams would take over. Once you make your HS team, they are your team. The HS coaches have lost control of their players.
No early recruiting - 9/1 of junior year - while we are at it.
I agree.... Go back to Rec and stop complaining about the competitiveness of Club lacrosse. Stop trying to bring the everyone gets a trophy mentality to highly trained players and great coaches.... Go back to Rec.... They need you...

"highly trained players" sure thing buddy. It's the same level of coaching you'd get if all the kids stayed in rec thru u11. Look around - dad coaches galore even in crabs. Not that that's bad, most have great playing credentials, know how to teach the game etc. We are lucky in this area to have so many that know the game. No worries, I'm a sucker too as I have a couple kids playing club.