Originally Posted by Anonymous
that wasn't a Hawks parent. every other team had maybe kids born in the summer of '03, which isn't a big difference, but older holdbacks were there. even the coaches whispered about it.

[size:17pt][/size]

It is a big advantage when all of our kids are born in 04. On our team 95% are born in 04 and the 2 that are born in 03, 1 is born in NOV and the other DEC.

Be realistic and think if you took all your 03's off the team how would you do against the LI Teams. I don't think it would be close.

In MD a holdback is born in 2002, on LI a hold back is born in 03 for 2022.

On LI we if a kid is born 10/03 for 2022 we call him a holdback.

LI cut off is December. September makes the most sense. Socially, academically and athletically. can't fault a parent for holding back a sept oct or nov child. but we are not talking about 6 months or a year difference. there was more than that on those fields.

Get it through your thick skull. There was not a kid born in 2002. Get it through your thick skull, there was not a kid who was a year older than your players. If you think that is the case, ask for proof. Coming on here and complaining anonymously is unfair, cowardly, and cheap. These kids work really hard -- like all the kids do. You do not have the right to take away what they've earned because you think they are older than your kids. I'm sorry you expected to come down here and spank every MD team, but guess what? Kids down here can play lax too. Get over it. There are a lot of public school kids who can't hold back and a lot of privates who choose not to. Our school cut off is Sept. 1. If you don't like the fact that kids might be three months older than yours, don't come down.

Relax - I think people just want to know how the MD kids are much bigger and faster than the LI Kids. It's not an even playing field having a team loaded with 2003 kids vs a team with all 2004 kids.

At the end of the day it was a great weekend the kids had a good time and LI won anyway with all 2004 kids wink

Not going to relax when people come on here and anonymously accuse teams of cheating. And then say teams are loaded with 2003 teams. My sons team has 2003 kids only because the school cutoff is Sept 1. The biggest kid on my son's team was born after the cutoff. Like I said, you just don't know unless you know.

Are you on the hawks?