There is nothing to win in pal lacrosse. These coaches hide behind the notion of I'm trying to win the game as opposed to playing everyone equally(at least until last 5 minutes). The biggest sin apalogize coach can commit is turning a kid off from a sport. I have been coaching pal basketball for 10 years and I think I'm the only idiot that doesn't favor my son ansd plays everyone equally. Lose the ego guys. You are only coaching because u have more time than other parents. That doesn't give you the right to play your son whole game and have him run up middle and get annihilated and lose ball constantly. Also , kids who make practice should automatically start games and be rewarded. Kids who have soccer , baseball , travel should not be rewarded by starting especially when coach is only a dad and isn't qualified to judge a kids talent in 8th grade or under. Pal is a learning league. If your first object is to win the game get a travel team with 5 of your friends and their sons and get your butts kicked in watered down travel leagues. PAL has been ruined as coaches are in it to showcase their sons who stink. Btw my son stinks too. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be taught or turned off by unqualified coaches