Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are incorrect. The divisions are strictly so that PAL can match teams up based on last year's records so there are fewer lopsided games. The only time there should be an "a" team is fifth grade and above IF THE TOWN CHOOSES TO ENTER THEMBINTO THIS DIVISION. This, in my opinion divides a town into the "us" and "them". It's not good for the community, it's not good for the boys. The only thing it is good for is to stroke egos. If you want to be in an A team then play travel.

I can see how this could happen. I always viewed the young PAL years as more learning focused and kids getting to play with their friends as opposed to trying to win. "Win first" can be done at the travel level in my opinion

come on guys...its not the pros but the whole object of sport is to win! Compete! Stop with the baby stuff. I said the kids that are still developing should play in the lower division with other teams that are at the same level There is nothing wrong with that. Lets the more developed players play in a more competitive division. Everyone wins! Otherwise you'll discourage good players from even bothering with PAL.