Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sachem is selling those soccer fields to generate money for the school district. School District is hurting not My Lacrosse tournaments. Travel Lax will always make money.

That is not true.. My Lacrosse Tournaments made the deal in order to have fields for themselves. They obviously have an issue.. money or otherwise... Why they backed out is a mystery.. was it money? was it bad blood? was it something else? let's wait and see.. The truth will be told.. that we know. BOTC will find out the truth..

This is entirely a Sachem School District budgeting issue. The district had historically received "X" amount of school aid from the state. Last year (or year before), due to the GEA and other state deceit, they received X minus 12 million. The district had virtually nothing left in their reserve funds and has been forced to make drastic cuts to both educational and athletic programs. Selling off the fields is just one of the ways they are attempting to keep their academic programs viable. Unfortunately, athletics will bare the brunt of the hit. I'm not a Orange apologist or LaxTournaments guy, but this has nothing to do with them other than they probably refused to pay an increased fee.