Originally Posted by Anonymous
Bitmore 2021 families REALLY do think their team is very special. It is funny. But their entire program is total garbage(go look at the scores of 2022. I don't even think they have a 2020. They dropped 2023 because no wanted to play. Even their coaches took kids to other programs.

They think this one 2021 team is national elite and special because they are the only decent team in the whole program. That is funny if they won't even make a league 4 team playoff. Now THAT is rich.

Kind of describes the Koopers and Greene Turtle program as well doesn't it?
I have to say this is the most alarming post I have ever read on this site. Alarming because its hard to believe a grown adult would think this way and post this. I for one know coaches, parents, and players on all 3 of these teams and they are some of the best around. Sportsmanship, integrity, and hard work is at underlying goal for all 3 of these programs. You have been given an open forum to post useful information about a sport we all love. I am sorry you have chosen to inflict so much harm on our community by posting this. I am happy for you that your child is a great lacrosse player and plays for an outstanding club. I hope you do not talk to your son like you you talk in these posts. You may be grooming him to be next George Huguely and putting our youth lacrosse community in a place where we do no want to go... Do us a favor when your son plays on Sunday. Sit as far away from other parents as possible so your cancerous view points do not spread. Thank you

I personally heard at Koopers 2022 tryouts the coaches tell the parents that they thought they would be able to beat Crabs and the other top teams this year. Then they put the team in the A bracket of HOCO playing with B teams. Let's not go overboard heaping praise on any of these clubs for their "integrity". They will and do say whatever it takes to get you to pay their fees.

It's a shame that club lacrosse has taken over in Maryland and parents are forced to pay $2000 a year for their kid to play. That was never the intent of club lacrosse. It was supposed to be for elite players to play more and work with better coaches. Now there is a club for every player and the lesser clubs charge as much if not more than the top clubs. Clubs pop up all over because their is money to be made. Marachek has started two in the last 3 years trying to cash in. Until parents decide that they aren't going to pay these fees and go back to rec, more and more will pop up and fold. Parents need to be honest about what they are trying to get out of the sport and where their child fits.