Originally Posted by Anonymous
Noticed that 2 of the top teams last years in HoCo's 2023 league are really struggling. Are the teams that came over from the NYPLL that much better.. Glad my sons team moved down to A . It ould have made fore a long season because we didn't evens come close to beating those top teams last year
I do not think that the NYPLL teams are better. Crabs and Hawks teams just poach all of the better players from those said clubs because parents are tired of playing for Dad coaches and looking for a better lacrosse experience

I can see the Crabs poaching from the other clubs in the area (Koopers, Breakers, Rock, Looneys), but who is Hawks poaching from? What other clubs are in the Annapolis area? Hawks develop kids.

Seriously? The flow is Cannons and Diamondbacks move to Hawks in Middle School. Hawks move to Crabs in High School. It's the way it's always been. Hawks doesn't develop kids any better than anyone else.

The clubs just provide the vehicle to play lots of good games and get the good practice in. The kids and the parents of these kids are what develop them into the best they can be. 9 out of 10 clubs in this Lacrosse hotbed are making your sons better players. Your blood lines and your wife's blood lines are what make them D1 nothing else sorry.