Originally Posted by Anonymous

I know for a fact one of the LI clubs is really fed up with the Crabs. Story is they are putting together an all holdback and double hold back team specifically to play the Crabs in 2020. The idea is to pound them into submission, so they stop this nonsense. They really want to teach them a lesson. The team will take the field when Crabs least expect it. I only hope I'm around to watch it. The goal is to hang 35 goals on them in a 40 minute game. Supposedly, its loaded with D1 commits from 2019 and 2018 from multiple clubs at every position.

How do you think they are going to get away with that? Call them what you want, but everyone on Crabs 2020 is in 8th grade. SO this mystery LI team is going to put 2018 and 2019 kids on a team to play them? Whatever Joey
Crabs handbook - is what you are doing ethical? Well, it's not illegal.

The word ethical is not in Ryan McClernan's vocabulary, never has been never will be. I know other 2020 teams have holdbacks, but not near the extent of Crabs and not for the reasons that Crabs uses. They openly say to players, if you want to remain with the program you will have to repeat a year. This has been proven many times over by both parents of present and former Crab players.
Ryan McClernan knows that this is well known, but he doesn't care, he just continues with his "gaming" the system to enable him to have older and bigger players who can dominate younger players. Two of his holdback big middies on his 2020 team are a total joke. They are close to 16 years old, in the 8th grade, go to BL and their parents think they are superstars. Trust me they aren't, just average players who are older and bigger than the competition.
The entire program, from the top down to the parents is a total joke and is the most disrespected club team in youth lacrosse.

Well said! Crabs 2020 team is totally irrelevant to the discussion of lacrosse. A tainted team and organziation, whose every success on the field is completely nullified by the fact that it was only accomplished with older players. The players, and more importantly their parents, should be consumed by embarrassment. Spineless parents raising feeble kids.

Whatever you say. There are about 7 kids on the 2021 team that would dominate at 2020 too. Be careful what you wish for. If things were age based, the other teams lose their holdbacks too. Crabs still has the best talent. Keep up with your excuses/