Originally Posted by Anonymous
wrong.... 1 repeat from FCA, not 5. due to academics.

FCA has at least one pre-first kid. Also, who knows how old the 6'4" 195lb kid from Alabama is. His website claims DOB 12-9-2001

Pre first and repeating 8th grade solely for lacrosse purposes are not the same thing.

Agreed. Pre First is set up for academic reasons. Same basic idea....older kids taking SATs, etc against younger kids reflects well on the school.

Many reasons for prefirst kids,,Some is academic for sure. Mnay schools almost demand summer birthday boys stay back, But some is strictly for Sports and to gain an advantage, dont fool yourselves if you dont think that. Private school parents arent dumb..They know the advantage of having an extra year over others. They dont want their child at a disadvantage...Go watch any MIAA playground in the lower schools..It is easy to spot the kids that are held back..Not all but many dominate on the playground. Think about when you were in elementary school..big difference between a 3rd grader and 4th grader..I dont like it a little but holding kids back works for for many.

Agreed most pre first are kids that need the gift of time before they are ready to be in an academic classroom and the greater expected social and behavioral demands. So your kid needed time and you gave it to him. That has nothing to do with his chronological age in which his body will develop! Put the kids in sports based on birth year! Just because a kid can't sit still in kinder or first, they should now play sports with younger kids their whole life?!?? Ridiculous! Stop coddling kids, they are being weakened, Push your kid to play with their on aged peers, stop holding them back to play younger kids and teach them to work hard and challenge themselves. They don't need their classmates to be on their teams, broaden their horizons to meet kids of their own age and make new friends. I promise you, this will not break your kid. Rules need to be established for K-8 sports to go by birth year- period. Stop with these crazy moving cut offs. My son has made friends with tons of kids from all over in hockey and not being with grade level friends never hurt any of them.

This guy for president.