Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the majority of "c" and "d" players do actually care, as do the coaches that give up their time. They were not blessed to be lax studs but many still enjoy playing, being on a team and competing with their friends and working to get better--especially in the older grades.

Then we're in agreement, PAL matters to everyone that plays... except apparently the two guys who posted before.

And that is the point, everyone plays.

So when the less skilled player get in and the team loses, no one cares. If people really cared, the bench kids would never play and when they got in none of the good kids would pass the ball to them. So the way it is done in my town is they even out the teams and when that beginner/less skilled kid scores by a miracle, we all celebrate and have FUN...if you want to practice 3 times a week and play your starters all game, and stack your team and celebrate when your AAAAA team wins, go ahead. NO ONE CARES.

Everyone on my team plays, a lot. We celebrate every score, every ground ball, every assist and save by the goalie. The best kid gets as much love as the worst. But make no mistake, they ALL care. So do the parents. If your kid doesn't care then he should join the chess club because he doesn't have a competitive bone in his body. In my experience, the parents that profess not to care usually care the most.

Sorry Pal its only PAL! My son is a top kid on his team and is a top contributor on a travel team as well, at these games he feeds the ball to his teammates/buddies and hopes it banks in off a stick. If he wanted against most teams he could score a handful of goals a game, but he doesn't Because He Gets It. When its done he couldn't be happier and he and his buds are having a blast. We never talk about what the score was except in passing. Usually we get it wrong anyway. When he plays club, he cares. I don't ever care as long as he is working hard ...life is short, have fun and don't be that parent.

LOL..."don't be that parent", says the parent that opens his reply with bragging about how great his kid is.
You're kidding right????