Originally Posted by Anonymous
One of the things I came away with after watching the skywalker vs YJ 1 game is that both the pro jackets and anti jackets groups are blind.I had no dog in that fight but watched what seemed to be a more talented YJ team collapse .Were the refs calling a different game then the kids from the Maryland NY areas are accustomed to ,yea.Did the refs seem to call a much tighter game against the YJ team,yes. Did some of the calls seem to be unfair against YJ ,yes. On the other hand were the YJ players unable to adjust their style of aggressive play, yes.Did the YJ players make some of the dumbest unnecessary fouls, yes. In the end it seems the YJ players were unable to adjust their style to the fouls being called, many of which seemed based on reputation more then reality.Did it seem that this particular YJ team may have lost their chance at a national title because of a deserved reputation of overly aggressive play,who knows.
no question that LI plays a more physical style of play, but the refs in MD call as tight a game as any around the country.

Every Yellow Card was called by one ref. A ref that was had picked by US Lacrosse to make sure a message was sent because of the incident at lax for a cure. The calls were phantom at best! There was not one YC that would be called if that ref wasn't being purposely oversensitive! It is what it is. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. US Lacrosse reacted! So be it. What was plainly obvious though was the better team did not win the game. I am sure the SKY Walker contingent know this deep down! They are a good team but needed a lot of help to win that game and they got it! Let's move on!
Sky Walkers didn't need help beating your "girls" in New Jersey after your thug took one of them out, They didn't need help taking out team 1 , and they didn't need help dismantling team 2. Not only does the Sky Walker contingent know that they are the best team of this summer, So does Top Guns, and Liberty. the only contingent that doesn't know this is the crybaby contingent at Yellow Jackets. Your complaining because the refs wouldn't let your team get away with the overly aggressive tactics that your girls have used to ruin another player. I talked with the Sky Walker girl that your thug took out, and according to her it wasn't a 50/50 ground ball as you claim, she told me she took a clear from her goalie and your "girl" jumped on her back. You speak of the squeaky wheel but the only people that went to the ref's tent to complain were Yellow Jackets. If your cheating reputation has gotten so wide spread it's not because people complain to U.S. Lax, it's because of your clubs inability to play within the rules, and to have a shred of sportsmanship. The other posters are right, all other teams made friends and cheered each other on. I watched Cardinal as a whole cheering on Liberty against you because no team in girls lacrosse has any respect for you. The only thing you club has is it win/loss record, no one likes or respects you. Everyone hates your club, not because your the best, because clearly this year your not, but because your dirty and arrogant. here is something to think about as you crow about you daughter going off to a D-1 school because of Carol, She might/will be playing with girls from Top Guns, Liberty, Cardinal , MD, M&D, and Sky Walkers. all these girls will except each other , and they might even except your daughter, but always in the back of there minds, every time your kid gets called for a foul it's because she's a dirty Yellow Jacket