Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here I sit in a LarryMiller with my daughter ready to play at the U-15 and let me put in my personal opinions of what I've seen on this thread.

1- To have this event in Disney is cost prohibitive but you must understand that for U.S. Lacrosse to grow the sport this is probably the correct venue because it will receive national attention while other sports like Baseball, Softball, Basketball and Field Hockey also hold major tournaments in the same venue at the same time.When the event was in it's infancy it was held in MD. and got no press.

2-as far as the Girls side of this event goes it provides a major opportunity for girls that are either rising Freshman, or rising sophomores to gain a lot of exposure for themselves to college coaches especially if there from the from non-traditional hot beds. Those parents complaining about there sons having to compete against high school kids confuse me, , a high school freshman should be 14 turning 15 this year so why are you complaining, they are the reason the U-15 group was chosen , It is very late in the season and most tourneys are over and now is the time that college coaches start looking at the younger years to see who is good. If your club is sending a middle school team to this event you need to talk to your director because they don't know what there doing. You should look at Long Island as the example and not complain, but copy there format. Your freshman boys are being robbed of a prime opportunity.

3- As far the Yellow Jackets goes, they don't send down whole teams, but select girls from many teams, so please stop misrepresenting the facts. I am sure the A team will be very strong , but the B team might be suspect. and none of them won anything or real importance this year so maybe we should relax and just enjoy the games.

This is no place to vent your rational diatribe - please say something negative and without merit or you are just wasting all of our time here. joking aside, thank you for you perspective, enjoy the week and good luck to your daughter, we are coming down Thursday and really looking forward to it.