Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is why kids who have played HS ball should be playing against HS kids in HS tournaments - not against 8th graders in U15 events. My son is entering HS now and I wouldn't want his team wasting time beating up on 8th graders. I want his team to be playing in recruiting events in front of college coaches.

The teams that send their 2015 teams to that Florida tournament are a joke.

So the tournament should be for kids that are U15 but either not good enough to play on there HS team or that go to a High School that is good enough that they don't need to bring up 9th and 10th graders? and by high school ball does that include JV? because it would not be much of a U15 tournament if you did not include kids that played any high school, I think that would have to be a U14 or even U13.

All of the best U15 clubs are filled with kids who are Rising Freshman. They don't have Rising Sophomores playing U15 because those kids want to play HS competition, not MS kids. Sorry to break it to you, but most areas of the country don't allow MS kids to play for JV teams because of injury concerns. Apparently Long Island likes to do that, which is weird.